Thursday, 8 March 2012
TOP ACTIVITIES WHILE VISITING BUDAPEST
· The Danube Cruise – A boat cruise along the river Danube offers a view of the various rich heritage culture of
. The UNESCO World Heritage buildings, the Buda Castle, the Parliament Building, the Gresham Palace, the St.Stephen’s Basilica and Margaret Island. This boat cruise can be a ride which you may cherish for a lifetime. Budapest
· The Operas of
Budapest – The city of has a lot to offer in terms of music. Enjoy the beautiful operas at the Opera House or the classical concerts as St. Stephen’s Basilica. There is always the Sziget Festival in Budapest or the Balaton Festival in Zanka which can be enjoyed by the music lovers. Hajogyar Island
· Jewish Synagogue i.e. the Jewish Museum is a must-see place to visit in
. It is located in the old Jewish District of Budapest and if you are lucky you can get to enjoy the Jewish Summer Festival. Budapest
· Shopping –
is famous for the Hungarian paprika and the tablecloths. These items should be the top priority while visiting this ancient and beautiful city. The fruits and vegetables are fresh and juicy and one can purchase these from the local markets. Budapest
· The Hungarian Cuisine –
is famous for the goose flesh pork. Duck and wild boar should be on the priority list too. Try out the Mangalitsa, a delicacy from this amazing region. Finish these off with the wide variety of Hungarian wines available. The pastries of Hungary are world famous for their taste and delicacy. Hungary
· Night Life of
– This city is also popular for its exciting nightlife. Visit the various pubs, clubs and bars to have the time of your life. Budapest
Other Destinations when in
· Take a panoramic view of this city from top of the Gellert Hill.
· The vistas of
Pest from Fishermen’s Bastion are a sight to watch.
· The architecture of District 8’s Palace is worth a look-see.
· Visit the WAMP i.e.
’s monthly market of contemporary designers. Budapest
· Walk across the Chain Bridge for a unique experience.
· Enjoy some scintillating night views of
from the Danube Promenade. Budapest
· If you are visiting with your family, try out the
. Your kids would love it. Palace of Miracles
· If you are visiting in September, you can enjoy the Budapest International Wine Festival.
· If you are into arts and music, visit the
Palace of Arts and the for some really good contemporary art collections. Ludwig Museum