Sunday, 11 March 2012
TOP 15 HEALTH BENEFITS OF WATERMELON
Its summer time and the best things that come with it are the fruits that we enjoy as the sun burns on our skin. The most popular and most enjoyable fruit is Water Melon. In summer these melons are the sweetest and of the best quality. This fruit has the most water content than any other fruits as well as it is the best fruit for quenching your thirst during those hot summer days.
Along with being a thirst quencher, these melons have a number of health benefits which makes these fruits a must-have in your everyday diet.
· Watermelon that you eat gives you 86 calories, 22 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of proteins and 5% of your daily fiber need. It also has around 18 grams of sugar for your sugar needs. It has less than 1 gm of fats which is useful for the weight conscious people.
· Watermelon has one of the best antioxidant contents found in nature.
· Watermelon is a rich source of Vitamin C and also Vitamin A. This fruit has been known to contain beta-carotene which is essential for the body. This beta-carotene provides useful to fight against cancer ailments.
· Watermelons are also rich sources of vitamin B6 and vitamin B1 along with magnesium. These are necessary for energy production by the body.
· The high concentration of water content in watermelons help to burn down those fats from your body, making the metabolism work more efficiently. Along with this, the fiber and proteins in this fruit help to keep the body active and fit.
· As watermelon has a rich source of vitamin C, it is the perfect remedy for prevention of cold and coughs as it strengthens the immune system.
· Due to a rich content of Potassium in watermelon, it is useful in cleaning the toxic wastes from the kidneys as well as reducing the uric acid in the blood. These has a positive effect on the overall kidney functioning.
· The high amount of potassium and magnesium minerals in watermelon also helps to bring down the blood pressure. This functions to prevent the hardening of the arteries walls due to the carotenoids present and thus is useful for blood pressure ailments.
· Due to the presence of Arginine, a component which is useful of enhancing the sugar content, watermelons are the ideal food for persons suffering from diabetes.
· Anti oxidants such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin present in watermelon also helps to protect the eyes from macular degeneration. They help in problems related to drying of eyes as well as some serious disorders such as glaucoma.
· The potassium content of watermelons is also useful in digestive problems due to its rich content of thiamine, a B vitamin which can be helpful in the digestion process.
· Lastly, the Arginine presence in watermelon is ideal remedy for erectile dysfunctions and as such provides the best source for impotence related problems.
Thus, it can be seen that Watermelons are the source of a vast amount of health benefits. This fruit is the best source of energy and vitality to the body as a whole helping in keeping all the organs of the body fit and working.
So the next time, when summer is at its high, just enjoy this wonderful fruit and you can rest assure that you are eating the best fruit of the season.