Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Top Ten Benefits of Green Tea
Green Tea is preferred over the normal black tea in many countries of the world. The main reason for this is the wide range of health benefits that go along with it. Green Tea has been found to be a storehouse of medicinal values which can help to keep our body fit and healthy as well as prevent various diseases.
The Top Ten Benefits of Green Tea are listed below
1) Prevention of Cancer – Green Tea is believed to play a major role in the prevention of Cancer. This is due to the fact that it has a vast mount of antioxidants which helps out in protecting damage to the cells linked to cancer.
2) Stronger Bones – Green tea has a high content of fluoride in it. Fluoride helps to make the bones stronger. As such it is a very good for person suffering from osteoporosis as well as any other disorders related to bones and joints. It is a boon for Arthritis patients. It is found to reduce the risk due to rheumatoid arthritis. A regular drinker of Green tea can rest assured that he is helping to increasing his bone density every day.
3) Anti-ageing – Green Tea is rich in anti-oxidants and as such it is the perfect ingredient for reducing age effects such as wrinkles and sagging facial skin. Antioxidants reduce the effects of free radicals which causes the speedy process of ageing. Due to this property of green tea, it is used as a remedy to fight cancer.
4) Weight Loss – It is found out that Green tea increases the metabolism rate naturally which in turn helps you to burn your calories faster. This in turn will result in faster reducing of weight. As such Green Tea can be an ideal cure for the weight loss fanatics. Green Tea also helps in stopping the glucose in fat cells which results in prevention of obesity.
5) Cardio-vascular Disorders – Green Tea helps in lowering the cholesterol levels. This in turn reduces the risk of Heart Attacks and strokes. As such Green tea should be consumed on a daily basis for giving you that healthy heart. This tea is ideal for the speedy recovery of heart cells.
6) Prevents Diabetes – Green Tea is a useful ingredient for improving the glucose and lipid metabolism. As such it prevents the spurt in blood sugar levels and keeps it in check. Polyphenols and polysaccharides present in Green Tea helps in lowering your blood sugar levels. This is the ideal remedy for diabetic patients. Green Tea should form a regular diet for diabetes related persons.
7) Memory Booster - Another benefit of Green Tea is that it is a perfect memory booster and as such can be the perfect remedy for Alzheimer’s. Green Tea reduces the process of acetylcholine in the brain which is the main cause of Alzheimer’s.
8) Prevents High Blood Pressure – The increase in blood pressure is mainly due to the angiotensin. This angiotensin is kept in check by Green tea and as such it can be consumed by people with High Blood pressure problems.
9) Immunity Factor – Green Tea has a high amount of Polyphenols and Flavenoids which helps to keep your body fit and boost your immune systems. It also contains Vitamin C. This can be the ideal remedy for prevention of diseases such as cold, cough and fever. It also contains Theophylline which relaxes the bronchial tube muscles which in turn helps to reduce asthma attacks.
10) HIV and Green Tea – It has been proved by a study made in recent times that Green Tea has EGCG i.e. Epigallocatechin Gallate which can stop HIV from spreading. This is surely very good news for HIV patients.
Along with these benefits of Green Tea, it has also many other benefits such as remedy against various allergies or reducing stress related problems. It is also helpful against tooth decay. As such Green Tea is, in fact, a storehouse of remedial uses which can help you in the longer term keeping your body and mind fit and healthy.
So the next time you drink tea, think about GREEN TEA.