- In a bowl, mix the flour with a pinch of salt.
- Add to this the warm water and stir the mixture until a smooth and thick ball is formed.
- Press the dough over and over repeatedly so as to make it thick and elastic.
- Coat this ball lightly with oil and wrap it in a moist cloth. Set it aside for about an hour.
- After an hour take the dough back and cut it into 4 equal pieces.
- Take a metal baking sheet and oiled it lightly.
- Roll one of the pieces over it making a triangle sized shape of approximately 12 x 9 inches.
- Take the scallions and mix it with salt and sesame oil.
- Brush the dough with oil and put on a thin layer of the scallion mixture on it.
- Starting from the long end, roll the dough into a baton.
- Then cut this baton into two parts equally.
- Take one of these parts and flatten it again along with the scallion mixture.
- Roll this dough again into a round pancake.
- Now, heat a heavy skillet and oil it from the inside. Lay the flat pancake on the skillet gently and let is shimmer for a while (approximately 2 minutes). Turn it over to the other side and brush it with oil. Let it again cook for 2 minutes. Do not overcook or burn it.
- Now when both the sides are cooked, take it off and cut it into wedges by a pair or scissors or a knife.
Friday, 3 February 2012
HOW TO PREPARE THE PERFECT SCALLION PANCAKE RECIPE?
This is the perfect recipe for a breakfast or evening snacks. Scallion pancakes are the most popular breakfast or snack items in
and are served in almost all the restaurants. They are flaky, crisp and taste much like an Indian bread. These pancakes can be prepared in a variety of ways according to the tastes of the local state. China
2 ½ cup flour
1 cup warm water
4 Scallions (finely chopped)
Salt for taste
1 tablespoon sesame oil.
Your Perfect Scallion Pancake is ready to be served.
Scallion Pancake can be served with soya sauce or tomato sauce.