Friday, 23 March 2012
TOP 10 POMEGRANATE HEALTH BENEFITS
Here, we are trying to give you 10 benefits of fruit known as pomegranate.
· Pomegranate is a fruit which is rich in antioxidants that are useful to keep that bad cholesterol (LDL) levels from oxidizing which results in disorders such as atherosclerosis.
· This fruit is also beneficial for those having heart problems. Pomegranate has a medicinal benefit of keeping a normal blood flow to your heart, thus decreasing the risk of heart attacks or strokes. Due to its antioxidant properties, it helps in keeping the arteries clear of any clots.
· Another important health benefit of pomegranate is that of reducing the risk of certain cancers. This is due to the fact that pomegranate has an antioxidant known as “flavenoids” which is useful for fighting against radicals that causes cancer. As such people suffering from Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer and Prostrate Cancer are prescribed pomegranate juice on a daily basis.
· Pomegranate is also rich in vitamins such as A, C and E. These vitamins are useful to the body for resistance against various diseases. It is also a source of folic acid which is needed by the body.
· This marvelous fruit is also a source of iron to the body. Due to this property it is useful against symptoms such as exhaustion, weakness and overall anemic condition of a person.
· Pomegranate is said to be useful during digestive problems such as diarrhea. But a word of caution is that over-consumption of pomegranate juice can lead to constipation problems.
· A cup of pomegranate juice can help in prevention of cartilage deterioration keeping disorders such as osteoarthritis away from a person. It helps in thickening and hardening of your arterial walls which are the covers for your cartilage joints. But, these studies have no solid proofs and studies are in their advance stage regarding the above benefits.
· As pomegranate has a rich content of antioxidants, it is a healthy fruit for maintaining a smooth and rich skin. Due to this property, it is said to reduce wrinkles on the skin and helps to prevent premature ageing. It is the perfect remedy for a youthful and glowing skin, particularly for women.
· Another benefit of this healthy fruit is that it helps to reduce the damage caused due to Alzheimer’s disease and prevent its further growth, mostly among older people.
These are the top 10 pomegranate benefits for Health. But along with these there are a number of other health benefits such as oral and dental hygiene, helping to protect the neonatal brain from damages due to injury and used as a anti-viral medicine due to its anti-oxidant properties. It is also rumored that daily consumption of pomegranate can reduce the general malaise during menopause for women. This fruit is also the perfect remedy for supporting your overall immune system.
Thus, pomegranate is the perfect fruit for all your medical problems may it be physical or mental disorders.
SO WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START ON YOUR POMEGRANATE DIET !!!!