Monday, 14 November 2011
What are Goji Berries?
Ever heard of this fruit? Does it ring a bell?
Goji Berries, also known as Lycium barbarum, are oblong shaped red coloured berries that are grown all over the world. This fruit normally grows in the months of June to August and the plant grows upto a height of 2.5 to 4 metres.
This plant and its berries have a lot of importance in the medicinal world due to its medicinal value along with nutritional properties.
The main crops of Goji
Berry are found in Tibet and the Mongolian regions of asia and most of the production is concentrated in this region.
The various Nutritional facts regarding Goji Berries are –
· It has vitamins such as B1, B2, B6, Vitamin C and vitamin E.
has 21 traces of minerals, including the all essential Germanium Berry
· It has more antioxidant power than any other food available.
· People take bee pollen as a source of amino acid, but it is found that Goji berries have 19 amino acids in them which is 6 times more than bee pollen.
· Spinach, as a source of iron is taken daily. But Goji berry has, in fact, 15 times more nutritional iron than spinach.
· It also contains Linoleic acid.
· Goji berries have 500 times more vitamins than oranges !!
· 100 gms of processed berries contain 370 calories.
· Goji berries contain various carbohydrates, proteins, fats and dietary fibers needed by the body.
Goji Berries are available off the rack in forms such as dried Goji berries or Goji berry juice. These forms are quite popular among health conscious individuals and have become the ‘super food’ for many.
Medicinal Use :-
· The bark of Goji
tree has many medicinal advantages for improving immune system, eyesight improvement, protection of liver and improvement in blood circulation. Berry
· They are also used as painkillers as well as for inflammation and irritations.
· The bark can also be effective in case of cough, anemia and nose bleeding.
· The antioxidant present in Goji Betty helps in slowing the ageing process.
· Goji-berries are also used as immunity enhancers.
Thus, this ‘super food’ has become the craze with many popular celebrities and those who are conscious about their health.
More more information regarding Goji
, try this site : Berry